Fashion is a fickle avenue to pursue as a business. Styles and accessories can change with the seasons, holidays, or even the emerging popularity of a new Netflix series. Agility is key when building a fashion boutique—and a fashion ePOS system is the new order of the day. There are several distinct aspects of an ePOS system that pertain to fashion-based retailers and will be instrumental in driving your success by staying a step ahead of the competition.
Can Your Hardware Be a Draw? It Can With ePOS
Taking the time to design a perfect environment that compliments the styles you sell helps your store become a complementary piece of the experience. But then there is the checkout counter, and the bulky, space-consuming equipment on it that fits no currently known store motif outside of that of an antique store. And yet, this is supposed to help in cementing together all of the pieces within the boutique atmosphere you have built?
Aesthetically speaking, an ePOS system can modernize the appearance and usability of your POS register with:
- Space savings. Maximized through the ability to leverage tablets as your POS hardware of choice, bulky terminals or cash tills can become a thing of the past.
- Sleek appearance. iPad tablets are especially effective in a fashion-based retail shop, due to the power of the Apple brand and its ability to be tastefully colored to reflect its surroundings.
- The latest technology. For example, built-in Bluetooth connectivity allows your receipt printer to be hidden away under the counter.
Use Sales Data to Develop a Precision Inventory System
Data management is a game-changing, foundational element provided by innovative ePOS solutions. With your need to keep tabs on even the slightest changes in purchasing behaviors, having strong, precise data at your fingertips will be an ideal feature sought in any technology solution. An ePOS system gives you that and more, including:
- Cloud-based data storage to ensure its safekeeping and web-based reports that allow you to access and analyze your data from anywhere.
- High-level data management gives you the necessary framework for building a sales analytics reporting structure.
- Reports can be easily expanded to provide predictive sales analysis, allowing you to see a decrease or increase in sales levels at a micro-level so that you can take proactive actions.
With this tool in your pocket, no longer will you be caught unaware of a sudden shift in fashion trends, but will instead be one of the sought-after leaders in the retail fashion market.
Build a Customer-Friendly Experience Using ePOS Tools
An ePOS solution is a self-contained platform that presents small business owners with everything they need. For fashion retailers and boutiques, this includes the ability to combine sales and inventory data to keep track of which styles and fashions are most sought after by your clientele. But it also does another extraordinary thing—it offers a way to help customers feel empowered when they enter your store and helps staff feel empowered to guide them.
The mixture of cloud-based and mobile tools turns sales staff into brand guides. Here’s how it works:
- A customer enters and is greeted by a salesperson who, carrying an iPad, looks up the customer’s history and finds out why they are visiting.
- The salesperson tracks the items viewed and provides size and color lookups within your inventory on the spot.
- With selections in hand, the checkout can take place right there in the aisle, improving on an already white-glove experience.
Take the Sting Out of the Customer Checkout
Not only does ePOS technology change the way customers engage with your brand, but it turns the traditional world of checkout counters upside down. The innovative checkout options that now stand at the ready will themselves become an attraction to your business. In addition to providing the traditional card or invoicing-based transactions, an ePOS system will provide ways to accept payments across multiple sales channels around the clock.
Virtual terminals and mobile payment apps promise to streamline and support the checkout process no matter how or where it was initiated. These ePOS tools are perfect fits for fashion boutiques that provide both physical and virtual shopping experiences. Almost any type of payment imaginable, from swipe or EMV-chip credit cards to NFC and digital wallets, are all accessible and offer higher levels of convenience and payment security for your customers.
Customize Your Fashion ePOS Solution Today
As you start looking at ePOS solutions for your fashion-based business, it is important to note that not all ePOS systems are created equal. You want a solution that is customizable, giving you only the features you need, and is scalable so that it can grow as you grow. Lastly, and most importantly, you want an ePOS provider that sees you as a partner, not just another customer; a partner that will learn your business and give you a perfectly aligned ePOS system to your specifications.
Choosing talech to be your ePOS provider of choice gives you more than top-notch retail technology; it gives you a valuable expert that will help your business become stronger. Our consultants invest the time necessary to identify your business challenges and will implement only the technology you need to address these challenges. Reach out to us today to sign up for a demo and to learn more about how talech can be your valued POS partner.
Want to learn more about ePOS solutions for your retail brand?
Get your free Demo