One standing rule for Mother’s Day in many families is that the kitchen becomes a “mom-free” zone. Abiding by this rule is more challenging in light of inside-dining restrictions that remain in effect for restaurants in most localities.
Restaurants are responding to the limitations on indoor service by getting creative with their Mother’s Day dining plans, especially with innovative takeout menus. These are among the ways restaurants are converting their Mother’s Day specials into to-go celebrations that Mom and the rest of the family will long remember.
Recreating the Restaurant Experience at home
Ensuring a positive takeout dining experience begins by creating an online ordering system that guides diners through the menu options as fluidly as one of your knowledgeable and friendly wait staff would.
- The system should suggest accompaniments and starters based on the entrées your client’s order.
- It should promote your Mother’s Day specials and recommend variations for side dishes and other courses.
- The ordering system should anticipate questions that diners may have and accommodate special instructions, such as requests for dairy-free or meatless options.
Online takeout menus need to be simple to navigate. It helps to segment the selections into logical categories and to standardize popular menu variations. These adjustments make placing an order as straightforward as possible.
The keep-it-simple rule also applies to the interface used by your kitchen staff to complete the orders. That’s the best way to ensure that takeout orders on one of your restaurant’s busiest days will be processed quickly and accurately.
Leveraging the Benefits of a Digital Menu Ordering System
Menus are all about enticement. Your digital takeout menu needs to be just as inviting on Mother’s Day as it is every other day of the year.
An eatery’s digital menu shouldn’t just list the dishes and beverages. It should tell an interactive story as it guides diners through their dining experience, explaining variations, accommodating dietary restrictions, and offering personalized recommendations based on the customer’s past orders. Consider these tips when establishing a digital takeout menu for Mother’s Day:
- The menu’s multimedia elements should heighten diners’ anticipation of their meal using images and interactive features to invite exploration.
- The best digital menus enhance the takeout experience by ensuring that orders are completed accurately and promptly.
- The menus should make it easy for restaurants to promote their Mother’s Day specials and other events and news, such as seasonal specials and newly introduced entrées.
- One of the greatest benefits of digital menus for takeout diners is their ability to provide up-to-the-minute estimates of when their orders will be ready, or in the case of meal deliveries, when they can expect their order to arrive. Providing this feature will help enhance your customers’ Mother’s Day dining experience.
Connecting to Customers Through POS
The ability to craft digital takeout menus is only one of the many advantages that today’s cloud-based POS systems offer restaurants. Dining establishments of all types have been pivoting so much lately that it can feel like there’s no status quo anymore.
By making restaurant processes more efficient, affordable POS systems save businesses money; they enable employees to be more productive while simultaneously improving the customer experience.
Restaurants only get a handful of opportunities to establish a connection with their customers. Providing diners with a memorable, enjoyable, and delicious Mother’s Day dining experience in their own homes (or another locale) is the best way to convert them into regulars.
In a period of change, talech has a number of POS solutions that can help your restaurant adjust operations smoothly and offer unique Mother’s Day dining options. From reaching new audiences to engaging with your existing customers more often, we give you the tools to adapt quickly and with confidence.
Want to learn more about point of sale for restaurants?
Get your free Demo