Those working in field services careers do so with vigor and a highly honed set of skills. A mobile ePOS system can offer a powerful set of technical tools that allows field service workers to remain focused on the task at hand, without having to worry about how they are going to complete payments with customers while on-site. These tools act as virtual assistants and allow those in the field to perform their daily behind the scenes business tasks with ease and without causing inconvenience to their customers.
Here are some of the top features to look for as you explore mobile POS options.
Make Job Invoicing and Billing an Asset
Rendering a bill for services performed is a difficult challenge for many field workers, especially when it comes to tracking payment status or making billing changes on an active invoice. The introduction of web-based, mobile-friendly, invoicing software helps to solve this problem by introducing automation and enhanced customer communications into the invoicing process. This also provides the person in the field with an easy way to present billing information during or after an appointment.
The best choice of invoicing software must start with a web-based solution that seamlessly integrates into a robust, scalable, ePOS solution. This provides the maximum benefit to your business operations and presents you with a set of mobile, ePOS tools to helps you to achieve long-lasting financial health to drive your success forward. The most productive set of invoicing and billing tools for field services personnel must at a minimum include:
- View or manage invoices after they are created.
- Add discounts, void estimates for services that were not required, and automatically send changes to the customer.
- Access to digital invoicing for precision record keeping and customer convenience.
- Add multiple layers of tax rates to the final bill.
- Generate automated reminders for overdue invoices.
This small collection of features will drastically improve the rate of payment with all invoices, keeping profitability at its highest potential point. The seamless integration of data across multiple systems will present you with the information required to make more-informed business decisions. And, having the ability to display full transparency in your billing process to the customer will promote trust and give them a sense that you care.
Simplify the Transaction Process
An additional benefit to using integrated invoicing and ePOS software is the ability to streamline the payment process. The security in transactions that is gained using ePOS payment tools instantly assures customers that their payment information is secure and not scribbled on a carbon copy invoice slip on the dashboard of a service truck. Instead, a few payment options work to instill total confidence in the security and privacy of customer data.
Digital invoices can be sent with a secure payment link for easy payment submission through a secured payment portal. Major credit card acceptance adds another layer of usability and security, through the data transmission protections afforded by MasterCard, Visa, or other payment processing powerhouses. These also ensure that there is a way to easily dispute a charge or to make partial refunds, even after an invoice has been marked closed.
Payments can be accepted while onsite as well, using an ePOS provided mobile app and a smartphone, or a handheld payment device. This is a winning combination, as not only are transactions highly secured but the types of payment you can accept become nearly unlimited. Digital wallets, EMV cards, or tap cards are just as easy to accept while you are still on-site as it would be for a customer standing at the checkout counter at their favorite coffee shop.
Leverage Integrated Online Bookings for Better Levels of Service
Keeping your appointments straight is just as important as keeping your finances in line. Modern ePOS system providers can provide an online booking platform that presents those in the field with an easy way to accept appointments without the process having a detrimental effect on your daily flow of customer visits. This technology also provides:
- The ability to set scheduling parameters that automatically block out an adequate amount of time for each appointment.
- A customizable online calendar that should allow you to add time attributes to each service you offer. This keeps your appointments on track while keeping you in the know when determining if any additional inventory is required for each appointment.
- Full data integration between the sales and inventory data points within an ePOS solution means that you will be notified when certain parts need to be restocked or reordered.
- An appointment portal presents customers with instant access to your schedule while giving them control over the services they want you to provide.
- Appointments can be split up for convenience
- Auto-generated invoices mean that customers can prepay for faster service or to take advantage of any discounts you offer.
- Customers will also be able to quickly request appointment changes without the need to place a phone call to you.
Features like these not only make the customer’s process easier, they also help cut down the amount of time you are spending taking calls and staring at the calendar.
Adding a Mobile ePOS System Frees Your Hands
The always on the go nature of performing field services means that you must stay focused on the job that is in front of you. Avoiding the distractions of managing inventory, juggling sales, and finances, and coordinating appointments can be accomplished through the use of a mobile ePOS system. This technology serves as your own personal assistant so that your thoughts can remain focused on the needs of the customer standing in front of you.
The talech ePOS and mobile point of sale solution offerings give you a multi-faceted set of tools that can help any field service business optimize operations. With your technology platform doing the heavy lifting in the background, you can stay focused on the customer while your finances and inventory manage themselves.
Want to learn more about mobile POS?