Any time in your day that can be recovered is a freeing feeling. With fewer items on your daily checklist, you begin to breathe easier and take a more relaxed approach to managing your business. Inventory is often one of those task-filled things that, no matter what, still presents you with a time-sucking vortex. You want to take control of your inventory controls, and have it working for you instead of the other way around, but how?
Inventory database software fits the bill perfectly by introducing a set of inventory specific tools that can be used to modernize your inventory processes. This type of software is particularly effective when it comes to an integrated piece of your overall POS solution. Having this seamless integration in place yields a precision-based set of inventory controls that save you and your staff valuable time while reducing your overall operating costs.
There are three key features that you will want to familiarize yourself with before taking the plunge into an updated or new POS system. Introducing an inventory database software solution into your business when it contains these features will present you with nearly immediate time and cost savings while handing you the keys to an innovative set of inventory controls that are built for today’s business world.
1. Enjoy Hands-Free Product Tracking
Limiting the amount of time required to manage inventory is an attractive feature that is too beneficial to ignore. Innovative POS solutions create a universal box for all of your data and ensure that the data from all points of your business are consistent both in format, description, and quantity types, making it easier to monitor products from the time they are ordered until they leave your business with the customer.
Here’s how a modern POS system works in streamlining inventory controls:
- All of the information that comes into your POS solution is stored in one, easy-to-manage location in the cloud to ensure security and accessibility.
- From here, reports included with the solution or the ones you create can easily analyze the data from the convenience of an app. This gives you hands-free tracking of products as they move through your business, and ensures that nothing is lost in the shuffle.
- Monitoring the products and supplies you rely on from end-to-end guards against product leakage, ensures that the items you stock are still in demand, and greatly reduces misuse or mishandled items.
This all works together to form a cohesive inventory control strategy that frees your staff to attend to the needs of the customer while ensuring the products and services you are providing still fit the ever-changing expectations of your customers.
2. Attract more Customers Using Seamless Data Integration
The ability to track products regardless of where they are in your business helps you to build deeper customer relationships. The data management capabilities introduced through cutting-edge POS technology present you with opportunities to enhance and personalize the customer experience through the use of data gathered from throughout your business. You gain both a clearer view of emerging trends and options to act proactively to make changes that can keep you ahead of the curve.
Retailers can gain a distinct edge when using the integrated inventory database software within a POS platform:
- Products at the sales counter can easily be tracked and removed from inventory when a sale is final, and yet be accurately updated in the event of a void, exchange, or return.
- Personalized sales can be launched targeting specific individuals and be accurately based on past purchasing habits. This helps the customer to feel valued by your business, resulting in increased foot traffic.
Those in industries that rely on tracking products used for meals or services, such as restaurants or salons, can take advantage of having seamless data as well:
- Cutting-edge inventory database software will allow you to track your products down to the ounce.
- Items such as milk, flour, shampoo, or nail polish can all be accurately monitored by tying together the amounts used per order or customer to keep your services consistent and to reduce waste or overuse of the items you rely on.
Whatever your industry, inventory database software can help you turn data into actionable items for improving your operations.
3. Support for Multichannel and Online Ordering Business Options
Inventory software has evolved to a point where small businesses can realize the same powerful tools as larger sized businesses. Having this inventory technology literally in your pocket opens the doors to diving into new and exciting business potentials. Multichannel sales strategies and online ordering have become realistic options, as the advanced data management and analytics available in top POS systems make it possible to track data coming in from multiple points of sales and interactions.
Placing advanced inventory technology in your hands allows you to build improved and highly accurate predictive sales models. Small nuances, such as how often products are picked up and set down or mulling over meal choices, can be seen in both of these scenarios. You gain insight into views, wishlists, and cart abandonments that can be used to better align your inventory. This is the information you need to build an attractive customer experience regardless of the platform.
Innovate Inventory Database Software is a Click Away
Adding the right inventory database software tools to your business toolbox is best accomplished by having it as an integral part of an all-encompassing POS solution. Traveling this path gives you the accurate and consistent data you need to build accurate inventory models, which in turn can be leveraged to improve customer relationships and align your offerings to customer expectations. As complex as this sounds, there is an easy way to achieve these results with minimal effort on your part.
Establishing a working relationship with talech ensures that the most important tools for effective and time-saving inventory management are not overlooked. We will design a POS platform that keeps you ahead of the curve through advanced predictive inventory technology so that the products and services you offer put your best foot forward. Reach out to us today to sign up for a demo and to learn more about how talech can be your valued POS partner.
Want to learn more about how talech can help design a POS platform?
Get your free Demo