For the time-being, visiting your favourite diner for a delicious dinner or picking up a beautiful bottle of Beaujolais from your local wine shop isn’t as straight-forward as it once was. Your business has had to adapt quickly in recent months and to help, talech has launched a series of features and initiatives such as enhancements to our Online Ordering for Restaurants feature and the launch of Online Ordering for Retail. The latest feature is Curbside Pickup.
Making the Fulfilment Process Easier for Customers and Staff
Curbside pickup is now available to your business, allowing your customers to buy from you online and then drive to your location (or “curb”) to pick it up, without having to leave their car. They don’t need to step onto your premises or spend much time interacting with your staff, they can just roll down their window and go.
Because of this. we now offering a brand new order type to our customers.
What has changed?
- You can now create a reserved order type (like dine-in or to go) called curbside
- We have added a new order status called ‘Ready for Delivery’
- When curbside is selected, the estimated ready time email includes special instructions for the customer
- Your customer can notify business they are outside with an “I’m here” button on the curbside email
- Customer is taken to a webpage that acts as a beacon for the person delivering food, this will contain their order number and will change color to make it more visual