The last thing you want your spa’s guests to experience is stress. They’re coming to you to decompress from the workweek, escape the daily grind, and disengage from worry—even if only for an hour or two. On the schedule it may be listed as a facial, pedicure, or body wrap. But, the real service your clients are seeking is one that will get them as close to enlightenment as possible. They want to (finally) feel free to let go and relax.
When you tastefully combine excellent service with a soothing, zen-like experience, running a successful salon or spa becomes easier. Client retention increases. Profits often follow. Adding a POS system that is as elegant as it is functional into your spa’s daily routine can be an integral part of this transformative process, too—for everyone. And, since the client experience starts and ends with a POS system, we’ve got several spa point of sale display ideas to ensure every visit to your salon or spa is a memorable one.
Spa Point of Sale Display Ideas that Heighten Client Experience
More and more, old-fashioned registers and cash drawers are giving way to sleek POS displays in a variety of service sectors. The benefit of this shift for businesses that provide personal care services is significant. In fact, both the hardware and software of point of sale systems for spas and salons have the power to heighten a client’s overall experience—and keep them happily coming back.
However, whether or not you take full advantage of a system’s features—and the ways in which it can improve your spa’s ambiance—makes all the difference. Implementing the following ideas for your spa’s point of sale display will certainly help:
- Maximize open space. Since point of sale hardware takes up minimal space, you can maximize the area where clients check in and out—without causing clutter. A larger, more traditional counter may not even be necessary if you use an all-in-one terminal that includes a receipt printer. Then, with the extra space, you can get creative. For example: create a larger welcome area with more comfortable lounge seating; add plants, local art, or a dispenser for hot tea; or, present products in attractive free-standing display units and shelves that mirror the spa’s decor as well as your clientele’s taste.
- Use a customer-facing display. The touchscreen display of POS hardware can also be used to advertise new products, special offers, and add-on services. This eliminates the need for multiple ad fixtures, like lightboxes and TVs. But, it also reduces the necessity of pressuring clients directly to make additional purchases—a relief that everyone welcomes.
- Automate scheduling, check-in, and payment. The appointment booking software built into some POS systems lets clients schedule services online whenever it’s convenient. Some are also capable of offering “touchless” visits by automating check-ins when clients arrive; then, prompting payment from their preferred card automatically at check-out. Or, they can integrate with apps that do.
- Customize the client experience. POS software captures detailed client information, such as how often they visit and for which service. Notes can be added about past visits, too (so you won’t ever forget which salt scrub they like best!). These details help to customize the client experience and make genuine and appropriate product recommendations. If you can take it a step further by personalizing notifications, you should. Appointment reminders can be sent via email or text. With some POS systems, individualized promotions and after-care instructions can be automated as well. Personal touches like these go a long way towards helping clients feel valued.
- Incorporate client feedback. Another way to engage clients and improve their spa experience is to take feedback seriously, even incorporating suggested changes. Your clients will notice things you may not and have honest reactions. Whether it relates to how they’re checked in or the seating at reception, take notice—especially when they aren’t relaxing.
Elevate the Expectations of What Your POS System Can Do
Fortunately, many modern point of sale systems for spas are specifically designed to simplify business operations while also improving the customer experience—functionally and visually. And, you won’t likely fall short of options from POS vendors that help with some or all of the spa point of sale display ideas listed here, either.
A large share of any client’s experience, however, is also tied to the mood of your employees and contractors. Whether or not the people who help you run your business are relaxed and friendly impacts the atmosphere as a whole. That means their experience with how your salon or spa operates matters a great deal, too. And, if your POS system lacks essential features, helpful integrations, or great customer service, zen is the last thing they’re going to feel.
So, we’ll leave you with this final thought: elevate what you expect from a point of sale service to include a vendor with a holistic approach for helping merchants run their businesses better. Everyone who walks through your spa’s front door will totally notice.
At talech, we make it our business to enhance the POS experience for every one of our clients. That’s why we provide exceptional customer service in addition to point of sale software that is both powerful and intuitive. To see how zen running your spa can be, sign up for a free demo today!
Want to learn more about how talech can help your POS experience?
Get your free Demo